“We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.” – ray bradbury
So, glass Ball Jars are super trendy right now. Totally ‘hipster chic.’ I have a million of them in my home. Not because I’m trendy… but because I’ve recently been nerding out about the possible dangers of plastic and also I inherited 5 boxes of glass jars from my Grandma, who was an avid ‘canner’ of green beans, apple butter, peaches, etc.
I’ve recently found a new use for the beautiful, homey, endearing glassware: Blessing Jars.
I recently read this article which taught me that the act of writing leads to physical and mental health benefits including:
- improved mood and sense of well-being
- decreased stress and anxiety levels
- lower blood pressure
- better memory and sleep
All of these sound like winners. Writing is good for you and is one small habit that can lead to a life filled with happiness and health (similar to eating more veggies–try my celery and pear slaw; and getting more exercise– try my yoga classes!)
The act of writing words on paper is decisively powerful; remembering to write down our blessings can lead to a powerful shift in perspective.
So here’s how you create a Blessing Jar:
- Find a small piece of paper.
- Write done ONE thing that is a blessing to you and put it in a glass jar.
- Do this every day. Or just whenever you remember.
- As the days go by, your glass jar will quietly fill.
- One day, you’ll look at it, and realize that your life, like your jar, is FULL of BLESSINGS.
Cheers to being full.